February 6, 2013

the day has finally come...



I’ve decided to take a break from photographing weddings.


Although I love weddings, I love weekends and spending time with my family more. My two littles are getting older, and they only have a few years left at home before they leave the nest. I’m just feeling like I need to spend as MUCH time with my fam as I can in the next few years.  In the past year I've been reminded more than once how precious life is and I want to soak up every single second I can with my sweet little fam.

I do have quite a few weddings booked for 2012 and 2013.  Those weddings will be shot by me and will be followed through as normal, with the same passion and energy as I've shot all my weddings in the past.  The only difference is I won't be taking on any new wedding clients.  I know, right, aren't you glad you booked when you did  :)


I love weddings and I've loved shooting them.  I love seeing the anticipation on the grooms face right before his bride walks down the aisle.  I love watching and feeling the emotion during the father/daughter dance (and i cry every. single. time.)  I love eating cake.  And I love watching everyone get their dance on.  One of the most fun things about writing this post was sorting through all of the weddings I've photographed and picking my favorite images from each set!


This certainly doesn't mean I’m putting my camera down.  I'm super excited about devoting myself fully to family sessions, engagement sessions, senior sessions, super cute little sessions and itty bitty baby sessions.  Super excited about that!!! 


I'm not stepping down from the wedding photography business forever, I do plan on coming back once my littles are out of the house.  Which we shall not speak of right now, since it makes this mama teary eyed to even think about such nonsense.  


I'm feeling super guilty about it BUT i know i must put my family first.  And honestly, I kinda don't have the energy to photography weddings every weekend.  They are actually kinda super stressful and I put an extreme amount of pressure on myself during wedding season.


Since I've decided to not take on more clients, and to appease my guilt a bit, watch in the future for a post about helping you pick a wedding photographer.  What questions to ask.  What to look for.  And what to deffo watch out for.


xoxo
amy

0 comments:

Post a Comment